- 1 cup wholemeal flour of wheat
- 1 and 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (level)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4-6 tbsp ice water
- 5 large peeled and chopped granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup half and half soy (vanilla and common)
- Sugar for the top (optional)
< li itemprop = "ingredients"> 1/2 cup shortening
< li itemprop = "ingredients"> 1 cup vanilla
Mix the dry ingredients.
Add the shortening and margarine.
Add enough water to form a dough that comes together easily when squeezed between your hands (do not knead), then let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Roll it out into a disc on a lightly floured surface.
Combine all the ingredients.
Roll out half the dough, place it in an oiled pan, cover with the filling and then with the rest of the dough.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Lower the heat and bake for 45 more minutes until top is golden brown.
If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Let cool completely before serving.