- for the mixture:
- 500 grs pasta puff pastry
- 2 large onions
- 50 grs vegetable margarine
- 450 grs amazon nuts (or amazon coquitos) ground
- 225 grs soft bread crumbs (white) ground
- 1/2 cdita thyme
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- spices : nutmeg powder clove powder
- for filling:
- 225 grs soft bread loaf (white)
- 25 grs fresh parsley
- The skin of a whole lemon finely grated li >
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 75 grs vegetable margarine
Main NOTE: take into account the instructions for THE MIXTURE and for THE FILLING and use the ingredients from the list of each one as indicated.
– Preheat the oven at 200-C. Have a large oven tray ready.
– Fry the 2 onions from the mixture, cut into pieces (approx. 1cm), in 50g of margarine, until soft but not toasty.
– Remove the onion from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients of the mixture (those of the filling are separate). If the mixture comes out very dry, add 3 or 4 tablespoons of water (this has never happened to me).
– To make the filling, mix all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture that sticks together.
– Spread the puff pastry on a floured surface. Form a rectangle of approximately 35 x 40 cm.
– Bearing in mind that the final shape of the roast will be oval (like the shape of a fat loaf), pile up half of the mixture (the one with walnuts) on top of the spread puff pastry.
– Separately, shape the filling in the shape of a sausage, about 25cm, and put on top of half of the mixture.
– Add the rest of the mixture, on top of the stuffing sausage, so that it is more or less in the middle of the mixture and wrap it all with the puff pastry, closing the ends. Put the log on the baking tray with the puff pastry closure at the bottom.
– Make 1 or 2 holes for the steam to escape, decorate with puff pastry decorations (in the shape of Christmas leaves and balls, for example). Brush a little soy milk on top (don’t use egg!). Roast for approximately 40-45 minutes, making sure that the puff pastry browns but does not burn!
It can be served with roasted potatoes with sesame seeds and vegetables, for example, and some sauce. A super simple sauce can be, water with some soy milk added, add a vegetable bouillon cube, a little flour, nutmeg and pepper, and heat slowly until it is somewhat thick. Serve the sauce separately so that as many people as they want can be served.
NOTE: This recipe is for a large log for 8 people, but it can also be divided in another way: instead of making a large log and cut into slices, you can divide the mixture and make 8 mini-versions to serve individually as mini-logs. The photo shows a double portion.