- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large onion in thin slices
- 1 red pepper in thin slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon five Chinese spices
- 2 diced pumpkins small
- 2 peeled and thinly sliced pears
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 400 gruki of aduki previously soaked and cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- For mushrooms
- 150 grs fresh sliced shiitakes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter peanuts
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
< li itemprop = "ingredients"> 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat a pot over medium heat. Add the oil and fry the onions and peppers for about 10 minutes.
Add the ginger and garlic and fry for another minute. Add the salt, five Chinese spices, pumpkin and pear and cook for one minute, stirring frequently. Add the vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook about 20 minutes more or until the pumpkin is tender.
Pure the soup, either using a blender or food processor.
Add the aduki and lime juice to the blended soup.
Preheat a skillet. Add the oils and sauté the shiitakes for about 7 minutes or until soft. Add the soy sauce and stir constantly until the soy sauce is absorbed (about 1 minute).
Serve the soup in bowls and top with the sautéed mushrooms.
< section class="article-tags">Broths, Soups & Creams