Very good to everyone! Today I come with a recipe that I promised a few through Instagram Storys. A few weeks ago I uploaded a dinner that I improvised with a homemade lentil hummus (I was craving hummus but it didn’t have chickpeas) and some of you asked me if I was going to upload the recipe, and the truth is that I didn’t. I had thought about it… But it is very worth it! The result is very surprising and takes us out of the routine of classic hummus.
Needless to say, this recipe is very easy to prepare, although I still leave you the step by step with a photo included.
400 gr of cooked lentils (you can use a jar)
1 clove of garlic
Sweet Paprika< br> Hot Paprika
Cumin (powder or grain)
Optional: squeeze of lemon
Optional: Sesame seeds
We need a blender
For the wheat triangles
2 or 3 wheat tortillas for burritos
Step by step
- First, we are going to filter the cooked lentils by removing them from the pot and draining them in a colander for 2 or 3 minutes.< /li>
- Meanwhile, peel a piece of garlic and reserve it.
- Next, place half of the lentils in the pot to crush and add the garlic, 1/2 tsp. of cumin and a little less than half of sweet paprika.
- We also add two pinches of salt. I added the hot paprika with just a touch from the pot itself.
- Crush well with the hand blender until you get a creamy texture. Then, add the other 200 g of lentils and blend again until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Add a long stream of olive oil (I usually count up to 3-4 seconds).
- I corrected the flavor by adding another touch of sweet paprika and corrected the texture with a very small splash of water, but this is optional. If you like the texture as it is, you don’t have to add water.
- Crush and pour it onto a plate.
- Decorate with olive oil, sweet paprika, sesame seeds and some leftover lentils, if you wish.
- If you want to make the corn triangles as well, just cut the wheat tortillas into triangles (I cut them into halves, like a pizza) and toast on both sides in a frying pan or griddle (without oil).
- And that’s it!